Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Panda Bear Cub and Mother Handmade Baby Blanket


I have completed the newest version of my Panda Cub and Mother handmade baby blanket. I am quite pleased with the outcome. This blanket will be for sales on my Etsy website at www.jgdesigns.etsy.com.

About a year ago I was watching either Animal Planet or Discovery Channel and I watched the show where Tai Shan, the baby Panda was born at the National Zoo in Washington DC. I was inspired and designed this modern abstract representation of Tai Shan and his mother. My son adores Pandas and I made the bear into his nursery theme was he was an infant.

My original design did not include the bamboo, but with bamboo being the only food wild Panda Bears eat, I had to add that element to the blanket.


I currently only offer this blanket on the lime green linen, but I most likely will offer more variety of colors in the future.

No comments: