Monday, April 13, 2009

Sea Turtle Design Gets an Official Name: "Happy Honu"

I am officially renaming my super popular sea turtle design to "Happy Honu". For those non-Hawaii folks, Honu in Hawaiian means sea turtle. I felt that my design needed a name for copyright purposes which is underway. Like I mentioned before in a previous blog I never did expect this design to be so well received by people across the world. But, it is rather a universal image so it makes sense now that so many people from different walks of life love this design.

I have used "Happy Honu" on many different mediums such as blankets, pillows, quilts, prints, cards, and clothing.

I have 2 versions of "Happy Honu" now. One is my original design of the green sea turtle with circles design on the shell. The other is of the green sea turtle with an abstract design of Earth on its shell in honor of Earth Day and saving the planet all day every day.

For the history of this design visit my previous post.

No comments: