Monday, January 4, 2010

Giving to the Pandas in 2010


A couple of years ago I designed a Panda Bear graphic after being infatuated with the birth of Taishan, the Panda Cub born in the US. I have always been a Panda lover ever since I saw a Panda in person in a zoo in Japan when I was 7 years old. I watched Taishan on TV and even got in touch with some folks in DC who worked towards the well-being of Taishan by throwing him a birthday bash each year. They loved my design so much they asked me to donate an item (baby blanket) for their auction.

So, even after a few years I have found this design is still very popular. Giant Pandas are so loved throughout the world and I love them so much. Because they are so highly endangered there have been many organizations formed to work towards their conservation. I myself belong to a few such such as World Wildlife Fund and Pandas International. In my personal efforts in helping the pandas a portion (1% of my profits from any Panda design) that I make off any Panda item on Jennifer G Designs or Hapa Girl Designs on Zazzle will be donated in equal amounts to both these organizations. The donation will be done annually and announced right here on my blog, my Zazzle stores, Twitter and Facebook.

I hope giving to the Pandas will further conserve their species. I recently learned that Taishan will be returning to China after being born and living in the US for 4 years. This saddens me as I have never been able to visit him. But, it does give me comfort knowing that China will give him a good home.


Design a personalized gift at Zazzle.


Browse other personalized gifts from Zazzle.

No comments: